Required Education Credits
- RL - 5 industry-related continuing education credits per year
- RPL - 25 continuing education credits every 5-year period (must include 2 ethics)
- CPL - 50 continuing education credits every 5-year period (must include 2 ethics)
- CPL/ESA - 50 continuing education credits every 5-year period (includes 2 ethics and 15 CPL/ESA)
- Retired CPL - exempt from required education credit
Report and View Credits Register for CE Courses Purchase Videos
Required Active Landwork
Continuous involvement in landwork is required unless a CPL has an AAPL-approved Retired CPL designation.
Member in Good Standing
AAPL members must adhere to the AAPL Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice.
Recertification Process for RL, RPL, CPL and CPL/ESA
In addition to completing the applicable continuing education credits, a recertification application and fee must be submitted every five years for RPLs, CPLs and CPL/ESAs.
RLs do not need to apply for recertification. They will be recertified automatically if they have earned their 5 continuing education credits.
RPL Recertification CPL Recertification CPL/ESA Recertification