The AAPL Education Foundation has established a tuition assistance program that waives the registration fee for AAPL-operated education events. The program is designed for AAPL members who face financial constraints due to unemployment or under-employment (working significantly fewer billable hours this year than the year before).
The names of registrants requesting financial assistance are kept confidential. To receive assistance, you must submit a written request for assistance along with the event registration form. The request must indicate:
- The reason assistance is needed
- Registration flyer from the event you are requesting assistance for
- Your current employment status
- Your number of consecutive AAPL membership years (minimum two years)
- Previous programs for which tuition assistance was approved
- You are requesting assistance at least 2 weeks prior to the class date
- If you are requesting assistance for the RPL/CPL exam, your RPL/CPL application must already be approved by the Certification Committee
Click here to download the Tuition Assistance Form
Tuition assistance is available for all AAPL-operated education programs except for the Annual Meeting, including all institutes, seminars, workshops and Oil and Gas Land Reviews. Assistance is limited to two programs per year including all AAPL Education Seminars & online videos.
Your request MUST be submitted at least 2 weeks prior to the class date.
Submit to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are requesting assistance for the RPL/CPL exam, your RPL/CPL application must already be approved by the Certification Committee.
For more information on submitting your certification application click here