Education Seminar: AAPL’s Education Committee seek proposals for educational seminars and presenters. AAPL prefers presentations be in one or two day formats. Related topics may be combined to reach the required one day length. Proposals are accepted at any time.
Annual Meeting: AAPL also seeks presenters and presentation proposals for its Annual Meeting. Presentations should be one to one and half hours in length and may be in lecture, guided interview or panel format. Proposals for Annual Meeting should be submitted between July 1 and October 5. Topics and presenters are selected by the Education Committee during this time frame for the following Annual Meeting held in June.
Content Developer: AAPL is currently seeking subject matter experts in the below listed topics as they relate to renewable energy for the development of content with the goal of assembling a Renewable Energy Certificate Program.
- Introduction: Hydrocarbons vs. renewable energy; history of renewable energy; solar, wind, geothermal, carbon capture, battery storage, bitcoin mining, brine water for lithium extraction, etc., and landman incorporated into the process; structure reports; and accommodation doctrine and what that means — mineral and surface agreement.
- Negotiations: Basics of negotiations; and negotiations for renewable energy deals — things to consider/that might be different.
- Solar Energy: Surface use and access
- Wind Energy: Wind energy prospecting; and surface use and access.
- Due Diligence: Process; and difference between O&G and renewable energy
- Renewables: Regulation and Policy: Regulatory considerations for renewable energy; and tax considerations for renewable energy
- Renewables: Asset management, developers, owner operators and operations
- Lease Forms: Solar and wind lease; surface use and site control for renewable energy; challenges/opportunities; conservation land trusts and easements; facility overview; operation of wind turbines and solar farms; transactions involving the due diligence process for renewable energy; transactions involving the anatomy of purchase and sale agreements for renewable energy sources; and core agreements involving power purchase agreements, interconnection agreements, site control/surface, tax equity/finance, O&M agreements, MSAs.
- Case Law