Required Education Credits
- RL - 5 industry-related continuing education credits per year
- RPL - 25 continuing education credits every 5-year period (must include 2 ethics)
- CPL - 50 continuing education credits every 5-year period (must include 2 ethics)
- CPL/ESA - 50 continuing education credits every 5-year period (includes 2 ethics and 15 CPL/ESA)
- Retired CPL - exempt from required education credit
Report and View Credits Register for CE Courses Purchase Videos
Required Active Landwork
Continuous involvement in landwork is required unless a CPL has an AAPL-approved Retired CPL designation.
Member in Good Standing
AAPL members must adhere to the AAPL Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice.
Recertification Process for RL, RPL and CPL
In addition to completing the applicable continuing education credits, a recertification application and fee must be submitted every five years for RPLs and CPLs and annually for RLs.
CPL Recertification RPL Recertification RL Recertification